154TELS Terrestrial laser scanning
- Up-to-date and complete information - OFFICIAL WEBSITE
- Code: 154TELS
- Lectures: Ing. Tomáš Křemen, Ph.D.
- Practical classes: Ing. Tomáš Křemen, Ph.D. (head of the classes),
- lectures per week: 1 hours
- exercises per week: 3 hours
- Credits: 6
- finished with: an exam
- winter and summer semester
The course is intended for students interested in 3D terrestrial laser scanning. The main topics are basic principles and theory of laser scanning systems, basic types of terrestrial and aerial laser scanners and overview of selected laser scanning systems, influences on measurement accuracy, general procedure of measurement processing (point cloud processing), practical use in surveying, architecture, construction and related fields, introduction to selected software for point cloud processing, economic benefits.
Online learning support for flexible teaching of new courses of the Geodesy and Cartography programme taught in English (105 1052201A003 FCE)
- Recommended literature
- Shan, J. – Toth, Ch. K.: Topographic Laser Ranging and Scanning: Principles and Processing. 1st Edition. CRC Press, 2017, ISBN 9781315219561.
- Vosselman, G. – Mass, H. G.: Airborn and Terrestrial Laser Scanning. Dunbeath: Whittles Publishing, 2010, pp. 318, ISBN 978-1904445-87-6.
- Heritage, G. – Large, A.: Laser Scanning for the Environmental Sciences. Wiley-Blackwell, 2009, ISBN 978-1-405-15717-9.
- Reshetyuk, Y.: Terrestrial laser scanning: Error sources, self-calibration and direct georeferencing. Saarbrucken, Tyskland : VDM Verlag Dr. Muller, 2009, ISBN 9783639175509.
- Kašpar, M. – Pospíšil, J. – Štroner, M. – Křemen, T. – Tejkal, M.: Laser Scanning in Engineering and Land Surveying. Vega, Hradec Králové, 2005, ISBN 80-900860-7-1
Participation in lectures is optional, but recommended.
- Contents of lectures
- Theory of operation of terrestrial scanning systems. Physical principles of scanning systems. Safety of work
- Measurement procedure and processing of measured data
- Digital Terrain Model. Delaunay triangulation, SLAM
- Overview of terrestrial scanning systems
- Airborne Laser Scanning
- Application of terrestrial systems. Economic benefits
Exercises - Practical Classes
- Participation in the practical classes is compulsory at the time specified in the schedule.
- Attendance rules are in accordance with the general rules of the department of special geodesy.
- Attendance at practical classes
- Submission of technical reports of individual tasks
- Contents of Practical Classes
- Scanning a suitable object in the surrounding area of the school
- Introduction to laser scanning data processing software RealWorks – registration of acquired data of the object
- Introduction to laser scanning data processing software Geomagic Wrap -Modelling of the object
- Determination of the volume (software Geomagic Wrap, CloudCompare)
- Processing of the point cloud – filtering, advanced resampling (software Geomagic Wrap, CloudCompare)
- Project – creation of the 3D CAD model from point cloud